Monday, May 12, 2014

From Pangasinan to Pinoy Capital

Luis Mamaradlo Cayabyab

It was an honor to interview my father, Luis Cayabyab, as he speaks about his experience of coming to America. My father came from the Philippines when he was only a preteen and thus, not having a care in the world in what was going to happen to him. He was forced to go with his family and faced many challenges when stepping foot onto American soil. Hearing these tales from my father made me appreciate the Filipino struggle and my father's sacrifices.

Table of Contents
1) Family Background
2) Leaving the Philippines
3) Settling in the United States
4) Life in the United States

Luis Cayabyab at his daughter's (my) high school graduation


Luis Cayabyab speaks about his kapamilya (family)


Disneyland trip


Luis Cayabyab reminisces about leaving Pangasinan, Philippines



My father with "The Beast"


Life in the United States of America through the eyes of Luis Cayabyab


No comments:

Post a Comment