Thursday, May 15, 2014

Karissa Lexina: Life in America

The person I ended up interviewing was my co-worker Carissa Lexina. She told me about her life migrating to the U.S at the age of 8 to live with her grandparents and her mom, who had migrated 3 years prior to her. She told me about how she had hardship of not knowing English when she first arrived in the U.S and how she adjusted to the new rules that are very different than the Philippines rules.


In this next part of our interview me and Carissa talked about how life in the U.S differs from that of what she lived back in the Philippines. She told me how she misses her family back there and last time she visited was about 4 years ago. we also talk about if she would ever move back or move to any other country rather than the U.S.

After completing the interview i realized how different it really could be for someone to move to whole a whole new country and having to learn a different way of life than they are accustomed to. Even though Carissa misses the Philippines she would not go back because she is already used to the way things are done in America.

By: Zoybh Hussein

No comments:

Post a Comment