Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Philippines Will Always Be My Home - Lourdes Garcia interviewed by RJ Garcia

Introduction
When deciding who I wanted to choose for this interview it was a no-brainer. I chose my mom because I knew I was going to get a great interview experience. I knew she wouldn't be shy or hesitate to say anything or hold back from saying anything to me because I'm her son. when interviewing my Mom (Lourdes) I thought i was going to get a lot of nostalgia and homesickness type stories, but instead I got a lot of talk about living the American dream and how the States is her home.

Table of Contents
1. Intro/Growing Up In The Philippines/Expectations/Moving To America
2. Living Situations/First Impressions/Leaving Friends/Education
3. Talking With an Accent/Keeping Contact With Friends/Coming Back
4. Difference Between Filipino & Fil-Am/Closing


Part 1


(My Dad, My Mom, and Me on Christmas eve of 2013)

(My Mom with my Lolo and her brothers and sisters)



Part 2


(My Mom and my tita at Serremonte)



Part 3


(Thanksgiving 2012)



Part 4







No comments:

Post a Comment